Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009


Hi

It's bye, bye 2008…Welcome 2009…

Again time for New Year resolution…

What better than this five-point goal:
* Recession is a stepping stone to boom. So, buck up, work hard, cheer up…and never ever give up self-confidence
*At least a few minutes of exercise/meditation every day

* Staying connected with a couple of great friends (of course, like you)

* Great books/ entertaining movies

* Pursuit of happiness/adieu to petty thoughts.


Here's my selection of two great quotes:

*If you want to be happy, be: Tolstoy
“An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves”

Best wishes once again to you and your near and dear ones.

8 comments:

Vinisha said...

“An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves”


Errr.. what about those who sleep through it?

:) Too much work pressure.

I was walking home and I just couldn't help thinking - it's just like another night.

Perception changes a lot of things - seemingly ordinary ones to a cheery bright night. :)

Komal-Nishka said...

:) Happy New Year to you too, you have started my new year on a bright note, so what if the comments about my blog were written just for the sake of being a diplomat.. :)

Tantra Flower said...

Yay 2009 has arrived! I wish you and your family a very joyous and peaceful new year.

Kadri Luik said...

I wish this year will bring the best for you and yours. =)

I'm an optimist, though, I didn't stay up to see the new year in, I stayed up to see the fireworks! ;o)

Fida said...

Ahhhh, you found pretty good reasons to be accompanied by through 2009! And I LOVE the Tolstoy quote. Though I really wonder what I am: pessimist or optimist (is that Tolstoy as well?). I slept through the night – grin.
You have a glorious and HAPPY 2009, my friend!

Aviral said...

Wish you and your family a very happy new year!

Jayashree and Just Jay said...

A Very Very Happy New year to you Yaar. Wish you all the success in life.

Cheers,
Jay

Onkar said...

Very inspiring thoughts.
Wish you a happy new year.